3.02.2013

Candy Land Cake

So, as we were working on planning Eve's party and knew she wanted a kid themed party, I knew exactly what cake I wanted to make. I had pinned a Candy Land Cake on Pinterest and thought it was perfect!

I brought a sheet cake, mostly because I don't have a flat cake pan that would have worked well and it was easier. I bought all of the candy (A LOT) and assembled most of it Friday night and the rest on Saturday. My bff Rachel helped on Friday. It was a lot of fun! I would definitely do it again!

I looked in SO many stores for mini-candy canes (unfortunately I had a bunch just a few months ago, but threw them out thinking I would never use them! I was wrong!). This time, I couldn't find any and I went to like 5 different stores. I luckily found peppermint sticks, which worked just fine. I also barely found any candy hearts. There was one bag left in the clearance part of one store! I was about a week late in going to get the candy (Valentine's Day had just passed).

I googled a bunch of pictures of the various Candy Land boards and combined parts of a few, as well as the Pinterest picture, and just went from there. I didn't do a licorice or ice cream float section, but did do the candy hearts, which is from one of the original boards (1949)! We also went to a couple of thrift stores on Friday night to try to find the board and a couple of the game pieces. At the second one, we found an old game, and it was 50% off, and included two little game pieces! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment