1.20.2013

WOW

It has been a while. Sorry about that. Life has been a little busy, and, well- I just haven't felt like writing much.

So- here we are today. Christmas and New Years is over. People have made their 2013 resolutions. January is almost over- what?!? December went pretty well for me. I took some days off work for the holidays and relaxed mostly. I got really internal/introspective and didn't feel very social. I went through my closet again. I hung out with friends a few times. Colin and I had a really nice Christmas day.

We're both back to work and Colin goes back to school in two days (4 evenings a week again :( I'm sad). We signed up for another half marathon, but I am having SO much trouble getting motivated. It's in 12 weeks and I think I've gone running once. I'm not sure I can even run a mile straight. EEKK... I'm not feeling very motivated in general, but do want to keep working out and get back into running. I should never have stopped. Hopefully I will learn this time when I get back up to 13 miles.  Keep going- even a few miles a week!

There's a lot of things I want to do in 2013. Like stick to a budget and save money. Buy/consume MUCH less. Run and go to the gym consistently (and not stop after my half marathon). Eat MUCH better. Cook consistently. Plan and prep better. Lose some weight/get in better shape. Paint some pictures. Really go through the process of listing, donating, and getting rid of the stuff that's here in my house. Go through things in the basement. Get ready for Colin's parents to visit. Finish painting what needs painted here. Paint/refurbish some furniture. Sell some things. Watch less TV and spend WAY less time on the internet, which in turn will help me read more books. Worry less, enjoy more. Be in the present and focus on being grateful, rather than worried or negative. Go camping. Go swimming (hurry summertime). Start to sew. Make some of the things I want to make (quilt, lamp shade, bottle glasses, ...). How about- finish something I start?? Ya, that would be nice. I'm a little sick of half finished projects.

I actually have not made any resolutions per se and I don't have a 'word' for 2013. I feel a lot of pressure for whatever reason and I don't want to make a list or pick a word- so I'm NOT. (I'm just not there right now, even though I do know that planning and lists and all of that do work).

Anyways- so there's a little check in.

And here's what we've done all weekend- can you guess? The Garage- still working on the damn garage. We are SO CLOSE. The house is being rented in a couple weeks and we have one more load of things to bring back to my parent's house. I've never seen the garage cleared. I've never parked a car in it. We're close. It feels good.

Of course, there is still even more to do- which feels overwhelming when I think ahead :( There's a few things on the outside of the rental house that my stepdad will need to fix (maybe with our help- I'm not sure), and a sprinkler system and sod put in when it's warmer (hopefully by a contractor). And then-even more sorting, garage sales, and donating of the rest of the stuff that is now at my parent's house. The basement- which has a lot of my grandma's stuff, and the storage shed, where we've moved some of the things from the garage that we did not donate this time around. I am seriously hoping that by the end of the summer, we will have it all cleared, donated- GONE. And then we can move on to much more enjoyable things in life- like planting gardens and renovating the basement (my parent's house). And only having what we need and use. Amen to  that (A lesson I am continually learning since I have a tendency to buy much more than I ever need).


No comments:

Post a Comment