11.21.2012

Grateful

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I am going to help my mom make pies tonight. We'll have a few family members over from my mom's side (she has 8 siblings). It should be a good day.

Holidays are pretty tough for me. I get really overwhelmed and stressed out. Sometimes angry, depending on how things go. And I also feel really disappointed when things are all said and done. I think it has a lot to do with my personality + how things were growing up. I know I'm not alone in this one. :)

But I have so much to be thankful and grateful for. There's nothing physical I need. I have people who love me and who I love. I have a job, a house, a family, food, clothes, friends, etc... Much of the time I don't acknowledge or see how truly blessed I am, which is a shame. Something I want to change.

And I'm trying to set more boundaries this year, do less and enjoy more, and to proactively work on keeping my stress level down. Hoping to enjoy being with people more than stressing about everything on the outside.

Today: I am grateful for my life (the past, the present, and all that is to come. All that I want to change and all that I want to stay the same).

Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment