4.17.2012

Ok seriously...

I have not been very committed about blogging regularly. I get so caught up with what needs to be done and what I'm trying to get done, that I forget to take pics, to stop and think and take it in. But I do want to be more mindful of my life and I do want to document the things I see, what I'm learning, how I'm changing, etc... so I am coming back again after 5 weeks.
Target, but I plan on making something similar soon.
In those 5 weeks, I was busy, like usual :) Here's a recap of what I've been up to:

I went to Vegas for 10 days. I went to a work conference for 4 of them, but spent the rest with my sister and nephew. Even my parents came out for a weekend. We did lots of fun things!
Celebrating Easter, hanging out with friends, and celebrating my best friend's grandma's 90th birthday.
Getting inspiration from Ikea, as well as eating their crepes.
Playing DrawSomething.
Running a bit, enjoying the warm weather, sleeping, baking:
Organizing my art/craft room/studio (finally!):

Painting and hanging frames from the thrift store, decorating a bit and trying to get this house put together.

I hope to have the house pretty much put together by the time I leave for N. Ireland in July (and clean!), so I can do a photo tour.  Colin has a few projects to do before he goes in June, but also is helping my parents do some projects. Plus, the end of the school year is always pretty busy, so we will have to see what gets done.

My goals before I go are: paint and hang all of my frames and pictures. I need to order some pictures and figure out where they are all going. I have 3 main walls to do this with. I have a bunch of frames I bought at thrift stores and about half are painted. I have a huge table that needs to be painted, along with a couple chairs and an old metal cabinet. I have a few things I want to sell on Craigslist, which is just a matter of taking pics, uploading, and making the post.

The one project I am working on now is for Mother's Day. I found this old metal table at a thrift store about a year ago and my mom loved it. The other day we found an almost identical one that I am going to fix up and give to her for Mother's day! I'm excited.
The other two longer term goals are to finish the laundry room and to dig up the rocks we have on the edges of our patio area and begin to revamp that space. This might happen when we get back in August or over the  course of the next year. 

I think once I get all of these projects done I will feel like I have much less to do at home and can focus on some other things, like more photography and painting and blogging. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see more of your art, I love all of it! And I love the pic collages you did with the photos on here, thats so cool. Actually, we should paint soon..that would be relaxing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete