3.12.2012

Some Things About Me

Just a few things that popped into my head:

* I love to sleep. I always fall asleep when riding in the car for more than a half hour. I can pretty much sleep anywhere. Sleeping in is one of the best things about the weekend.

*I LOVE animals. I get really upset when I hear or read about animal abuse. I would love to open an animal sanctuary. I would also love to volunteer to take awesome pics of animals at shelters to help them get adopted faster. Working on that one. One day I would love to have some land, a old farm house with a wrap around porch, and have a bunch of animals.

*My degree is in Psychology. Before I switched it I was majoring in International Studies and wanted to save the world. I don't want to save the world like I used to. It's a lot of pressure.

*I applied and got accepted into a bunch of graduate programs (MSW, PsyD, ECE- again- trying to save the world) and after three years of contemplating my life's purpose and plan... I am not going to go back to school at this time... I feel great about the decision.

*I am currently training for my first half marathon, which will take place on the N. coast of Northern Ireland this July. I am super excited and super scared. I am not a huge fan of running, but I am hoping to make it through to the other side.

*Speaking of Northern Ireland, I lived in Northern Ireland for 2 1/2 years. I moved far away from home when I was 19 and volunteered as a youth worker in a housing estate. We worked with teens and ran drops ins, mentoring projects, groups, and summer programs. It was great at times and awful at times. I'm still working through it all.

*I met Colin during my last few months there. I hopped in the back of his car and said 'hi...' :) That's what he always tells people about how we met... I DID hop in the back of his car, however, he was coming along on a youth weekend and driving me and some other people. He was really rude at first, but by the end of the first night I really liked him and thought (hoped) I would marry him. and I did!
The day we met, me in the back of Colin's car.
* We dated long distance for over two years before he moved to CO and we got married. Long distance is hard, but really good for our communication skills.

*He currently teaches at my old high school. I work as a service coordinator in Denver with developmentally delayed and disabled kids birth to three.

*I love thrifting and antique store shopping. It's the best.

*I Love to travel- I've been to a few states here in the US, as well as to Canada, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland, Spain, Cyprus, Kenya, France, Belgium.... One day I would love to do a trek from S. Africa to Victoria Falls. We also cant wait to go to Australia and New Zealand- some day!
This is 1 of 2 pictures I have of me on this trip. I forgot my camera (so sad), and yes, the token white girl with black baby picture. I know, I know.
*I played volleyball, basketball, and soccer in HS. I wanted to play in college, but tore my ACL :( Sad times. Now I play volleyball on a rec league and love it.

*I recently have started Yoga and LOVE it. I just don't see how people cannot love it.

*I really am not a fan of cooking. I can make some yummy things and would like to know more about it and actually menu plan our weeks, but as of now, Colin does most of the cooking. I love him for that!

*We adopted all of our animals within a month of each other. The cats had never lived together before and the dogs were both puppies, who also never had lived together before. It took us a good year for things to settle down. Yikes... I can only imagine what bringing a baby into the mix might be like... not.ready.yet!!

*I hate to dance. There I said it. I hate it! I did dance with Colin on our wedding to Ray LaMontagne's You Are the Best Thing. Although I played a ton of sports, I really cannot figure out how to move my body in space to the music. BUT I would love to learn how to dance.

*I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Zooey DesChanel, Emma Stone, and Kristen Wiig. SO funny. Love them.

*Fave shows include- Mad Men, New Girl, Grey's (how can you not?), and Biggest Loser (although this season is really not my favorite).

*I used to be blonde and stopped dying my hair about a year ago. It was hard at first, but I am SO glad I did it.

*I hate onions and green peppers. Will not eat them.

*I am thinking of getting a tattoo... It's a huge decision! I have some thoughts, but am not 100% committed yet... we will see if I do get one one of these days.

*I would love to take a calligraphy class- anyone know of any? I tried to teach myself, but am not quite getting it... I need some help. I think Calligraphy is so beautiful. At work I try to address all of my mailings with very pretty handwriting, unless I am super busy and then I just don't care.
Love, Love, Love Betsy Dunlap!!! LOVE! Can you mentor me Betsy?!
*I have a really big extended family. My mom was one one 9 kids! Most of them still live in CO.

*I like to make lists.

* My favorite holiday is Christmas. Even though every year I get really stressed out and think we over-do-it... But I do love it the most.

*Summer is my favorite time of year. I am always happier and feel better about life.

*I have a hard time regulating my temperature. I am usually either too hot or too cold. I sleep with a heavy blanket at night and Colin thinks I'm crazy. I guess I need the sensory input.

*I love books and used to love to read. Now I have so many books that I need to read and just never do. I think I need to get some books on tape.

*I get really sick when I smell or wear women's perfume. I can only wear Light Blue. I don't get sick with men's cologne, unless it smells like pine or musk.

*My nephew is my favorite person (outside of Colin).

*I believe names have a lot of meaning.

*My grandma was such an awesome lady. I hung out with her all the time when I was little. I miss her all the time.

*I would love to develop/design my own stationary line.

*I would love to (help) plan someone else's wedding. (Mine was not the most fun to plan).

*I have a thing for cats. When I was little, I truly did love cats and anything cat related. Today, I think cat things are funny. I have a whole Pinterest Board dedicated to cats! I personally think cats are hilarious.

*I truly believe this:

1 comment: