2.14.2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I haven't written in a while :( so sorry about that.

Today is Valentine's Day. Definitely one of my favorite days. Even when I didn't have a boy friend and wasn't married- I still loved it. Why? Because I don't think it should {just} be about romantic love. My mom always made the day very special for us growing up. Plus I love all of the beautiful cards and decorations and  the rest. One of my favorite Valentine's was when I was in 11th grade and my best friend Amanda and I got to stay home from school and craft all day! We bought a Martha Stewart magazine, a quilling set, and made pretty things all day like these: 
So yes, I love Valentine's Day. Today hasn't been totally crazy. I'm spending the evening with my mom and Jack while Colin's at class and then he will join us later for dinner.  Our 'Valentine' to each other will be going to Sacramento this weekend, but I did make Colin and my mom and Jack a present and card. Here's how they turned out. 
If I make these again I will stitch them better, but imperfection is good too. The frame below is for my mom and jack.
Ha, silly Jade always wanting to be involved in everything. For Colin's frame I cut out hearts for every place we've been to together. I like how it turned out. Not sure where we'll put it though.
And my mom got me this Starbucks mug with candy and a gift card. Love it.
 

I hope you have a very nice Valentine's day and that you feel deeply loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment