3.06.2013

Oh Just Some Thoughts

This post will be kind of random I think. Just a few updates to share :)

Jack is doing pretty well. I think so many people are praying for him and it's cool to see how things are happening. He gets blood work done each week when he goes in to see the Dr on Fridays. Last week they said his blood work was looking really good and they thought he may only need to be on the antibiotics for a couple more weeks. I am not sure how it can go from 6-9 months to 6 weeks (It makes me doubtful and worried they are missing something), but if that is the case for real, then that is such fantastic news! Hopefully that means he can get that valve replaced in the next 3-4 weeks. I am hoping/praying. Breathing and sleeping have been really hard for him. My mom had to fight all week last week for them to bring oxygen and they finally did on Friday afternoon. He has been using oxygen and taking Benedryl at night and he is sleeping so much better, so he is feeling a lot better! All good news and hoping it continues to be that way.
I finally found some Hunter Boots that fit my 'athletic' calves!! I don't think I ever shared my story on here about last summer and the first time I tried on Hunter boots... Well, I had been looking at Hunter boots for quite some time. I love the look and the practicality of them. The price is steep- but for something I will always use- worth it to me. When we were in NI last summer, we were in Avoca (the best shop ever!) and they had a pair of lilac ones on sale (and some other colors too). I was so excited! I tried them on bare legged (I must have been wearing a skirt) and they got stuck on my leg. I have always had trouble finding boots that fit over my calves. Mine are athletic and no matter what I do, they never shrink! Anyways, it took me and Colin literally 10 minutes to get them off. SO funny and a little embarrassing. Needless to say, I did not buy them. Since then, I ordered a couple different ones online (the Huntress is for bigger calves) and never really liked them. They were never flexible enough and looked weird (IMO) when walking. They look super cute on everyone when people are standing still, but they look weird walking. I also ordered other brands of rain boots and just never loved anything I tried on.

So the other day, I came across the Hunter Original Tour and ordered it in black from a different website. A. So that I could try them and B. So I could get free shipping on the other items I bought. The black ones came last week and I loved them! But I always wanted green, so I ordered green from Zappos and returned the black pair (yay for free back and forth shipping!!). And let me tell you- They are even better than expected! They are awesome because they totally fold up. One of the main places I will wear them is in NI and I love that I will be able to pack them and they won't take up that much room. They fit my legs, which is so awesome. And I love that they are flexible and don't look or feel as weird walking around (only a little). So now I need it to rain (no snow) so that I can wear them more!!

Speaking of athletic calves,  I am supposedly running another half marathon in 6 weeks. OH MAN!! I've known about it for much longer than 6 weeks though, but with the weather and all of the stress of everything, I haven't had time or energy to start training. I've gone out a few times, but nothing consistent. This weekend I went out twice and have decided I am going to run it and do my best training for the next 6 weeks and hope I survive! I can run 2 miles right now (Probably 3-4 if I pushed it hard) and I am hoping I can add on many more over the next few weeks. My goal is to run the whole thing and I do not care about time for this one. Colin signed me up for 2 other ones in the summer, so I will keep running and have more goals for those ones, like finishing under 2 hours.

With all of this running, the saying "If you don't want to keep starting over, don't stop" keeps coming into my head. I am not sure what exactly happened over the past 6 months that made me not want to do anything again, but this time I plan to keep with it (running and exercise in general). I also joined Biggest Loser again at work (started on Thurs and ends May 31). I did gain about 8 lbs back from 6 months ago, which isn't horrible. I have more that I want to lose and the competition does motivate me :) We'll see how all of that goes.

SO I am back to being active and continually trying to be mindful about what I eat and trying to change to eating much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment