8.02.2012

A few of my walls

I am getting around to taking photos of the walls around here. I entered a contest tonight from Laura Winslow Photography which meant I took a few pics of some things I've done on the walls.

This wall is one of my faves. I feel a little weird when other people see it, like it's a shrine to me and Colin, but I love B&W Photography, I loved our photographer (Morgan Lynn Photography), and I LOVE our pictures, and I wanted them in our house. So I really shouldn't feel weird.





This is the plate wall. I got so inspired from Pinterest and I had to do my own! What I thought would be an inexpensive project (thrift store plates), turned out more money than I thought (those plate hangers cost a heck of a lot more than the plates unfortunately)! But also worth it in my opinion. This is the one thing Colin does not like, as he thinks it looks like 'something a granny would have', but I love it.



This wall is my favorite and was a long time in the making. I collected prints for a while. I also scoured thrift stores for the mirrors and embroidered pictures, as well as found frames and then spray painted them. Arranging them was probably the trickiest part, but I love it!







And a little friend in the last shot :) Look out for some more house photos... coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Brittany! Your walls are spectacular!!! I saw them on Pinterest and came right over to your blog not knowing that they were yours. Gorgeous! I adore the light that you have over the B&W gallery wall...Matt and I were just talking about you and Colin the other day and how we want to have you over. We are in the middle of a decorating storm and I would LOVE to have your opinion!

    ReplyDelete